Definition of APK Files
If you want to install apps from Gamestoremobi, you’ll notice that there are APK and OBB files. In short, APK files is a file format created for Android to install apps.
You won’t usually see the APK files when downloading apps from Google Play Store. But when you download apps from sites like Gamestoremobi, you’ll see that they’re in APK.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to download everything step-by-step! Follow along now.
Easy Steps to Install Apps from Gamestoremobi
- The first thing you need to do is to enable your device to install apps from unknown sources. To do this, go to your device “Settings”.
- Find the “Additional Settings” tab.
- Go to “Privacy”
- Turn on “Unknown Sources” or select “Install Unknown apps” in some devices. Note: If you have a Xiaomi device like mine, you’ll need to manually allow installation of unknown devices on Browser, Chrome or any other browser you use.
- Next, it’s time to download some apps/games from Gamestoremobi! There are a lot of apps/games you can download here. For this tutorial, we’ll download the game Project Makeover.
- After the APK file has finished downloading, you should see it in the “Downloads” folder of your browser.
- Install it by tapping it. Allow time for it to update and check.
- After it has finished installing, tap “Open”.
- Enjoy the game!
Definition of OBB
Simply put, an OBB is a file that is added to the app that you have downloaded. There are some applications in Gamestoremobi that need them, while others do not.
If you see an OBB file for the game or app you're trying to download, you just need to download it. The following are the steps to take:
- First, you should have already downloaded the APK file. See the steps above for details about how to do it. However, keep in mind that you should not open this right away after downloading it.
- Next, select the app/game you’ll download from Gamestoremobi and wait for it to install.
- After it has finished downloading, simply tap it to unzip it. To do this, you'll need a ZIP extractor app. If you don't already have one, we suggest downloading the RAR app from the Google Play Store.
- After successfully unzipping the app, you’ll then need to copy the folder here /SDCARD/Android/obb folder.
- Open the game!
Common Problems and their Fixes
“App not installed” error
If you get this error while trying to install the app, it may be for several reasons. First, check that this is the only version of the app on your phone. You may have already installed an older version of the app back then so uninstall it first.
Then, if the problem is still there, you may need to turn on the Play Protect feature. Lastly, if the problem is still there, it maybe that your phone doesn’t support this APK file. If all else fails, try to restart your device.
“Download failed because you may not have purchased this app” error
If you get this problem, it means you were downloading an app with an OBB but you forgot the OBB. Then, you just need to download the OBB from Gamestoremobi.
But if you’ve copied the OBB correctly but the problem is still there, you may need to download the original version from Google Play Store first then uninstall it. After that, install the APK/OBB again.